Mid-Winter Break Camp
Running from February 18-21
February break camp registration is now open. The hours will be 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. The tuition will be: 4 days: $400 and 1 day: $110. Please note that 25% of the tuition is due upon registration and is nonrefundable. The rest will automatically be deducted on February 1. THE LAST DAY FOR REGISTRATION WILL BE MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH. Please note that you will have to provide snack and lunch for your child.
The children will be engaged in fun active lessons with the Camp Teachers as well as onsite field trips:
Tuesday: Traveling Petting Zoo
- The zoo comes to you! A hands-on approach to learning about animals that is both safe and fun.
- Preschool, JK, and Kindergarten students will receive a fast-paced show with audience participation seamlessly mixed with music, magic, storytelling and clowning.
- 1st through 5th Grade will participate in a magic workshop where everyone learns
and performs magic tricks with materials easily found around the house and classroom.
Thursday: Zumba Class
- The students will participate in a kid friendly Zumba class, shakers and instruments will be incorporated along with some Zumba choreography!
- The students will participate in a variety of gross motor, art and engaging choice activities.
Camp GEMS Summer 2019
A six-week summer program designed and led by GEMS faculty for students age 3 through 12. Programming closely aligned with the International Baccalaureate (IB) framework in place at our school during the academic year. Each week of the six-week day camp follows a theme from the IB, for example:
- Study, prepare and sample food from different cultures
- Visit different ethnic/cultural neighborhoods in Chicago
- Explore Chicago museums (The Field Museum, the Chicago Cultural Center) to get a sense of the city's history
- Study and create maps that chart journeys throughout the city
- What jobs are important to a community? Talk to firefighters, police officers, doctors, and other community members
- Attend community festivals, visit civic buildings such as fire stations
- How and why were parks built? Experience rock climbing, mini golf and yoga in Chicago parks
- Visit a zoo and public gardens
- Experience a professional theater production or opera in the city
- Create original stories